Below is a timeline of a DUI offense, from start to finish, outlining the stages and issues that may arise:
- The initial stop and arrest
- Will the officer book you in jail?
- Should you request a Department of Licensing (DOL) hearing?
- Chemical Dependency Assessment and Treatment
- Arraignment hearing
- Investigation and defenses to a DUI charge
- Pre-Trial hearings
- Motions hearing
- Sentencing hearing
- Ignition Interlock Device and driver’s license suspension
- Vacating conviction (if the DUI is reduced)
- Deferred Prosecution
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a DUI arrest
- Traveling to Canada with a DUI conviction